Here are some quick tips to avoid dehydration, and some links with extra information at the end.
1. Hydrate the night before an event, an intense, or long training session. It’s a good idea to eat some foods with high water content as well.
2. Drink before you feel thirsty during your workout.
3. Mix a sports drink with your water. If your training session will last longer than an hour you will want to replenish your electrolytes.
4. Drink about 16 ounces of water when you get up in the morning. You lose water while you sleep.
5. Avoid over hydration. Don’t drink a liter of water right before you work out, or drink a liter right before you go to bed. Drink water consistently throughout the day.