Owner/ Fitness Instructor
What began as a part-time job to make ends meet for college, quickly turned into a passionate & rewarding career. Rick has spent the last 10 years dedicating himself to learning, experiencing, and practicing everything he can about health & fitness. He has worked in commercial gyms and corporate fitness centers. Rick enlisted into the United States Marine Corps, several years ago and to this day routinely undergoes extensive physical and tactical training. After obtaining a Bachelor's Degree in Business, he set out across the country with the desire to gain more practical & diversified experience. Given the opportunity to train clients from all different backgrounds and abilities, as well as collaborate with a range of premiere fitness & healthcare professionals from across the nation, Rick has been able to solidify a well-rounded approach to training. His one-of-a-kind journey has greatly enhanced his ability to provide Kaizen Klients with a unique & positive training experience. Something he firmly believes would otherwise not be possible.
Use health, fitness, and performance instruction to positively inspire and affect changes in as many individuals as possible.
"As a busy mom and physician, exercise was low on my priority list until I began my training program with Rick. With Rick's encouragement and goal setting, I was able to make exercise a regular part of my daily routine and I couldn't be more excited about the results!" (Jennifer, Columbia, SC)
- B.S. Business Administration (San Jose State University)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- Nationally Certified Personal Trainer (CPT-NASM, ACSM)
- Military: Sergeant of Marines in the United States Marine Corps. 5-time Award Winner For Superior Display Of Physical Performance.
- Professional: 9+ Years of Corporate and Commercial Fitness Experience.
- Athletics: 5K, 10K, Half, Full Marathon, Triathlon, Obstacle Racing, Wrestling, & Baseball Experience. Experienced athlete in various other sports.
- Highly driven, motivated to succeed, and committed to the success of others.
- Inspires through knowledge, compassion, and performance.
- Provides a welcoming, fun, and challenging training environment.
- Brings energy, creativity, and passion into workouts; thoroughly enjoys what he does.
- Structured and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates honesty, confidence, firmness, and fairness.
- Continually seeks self-improvement.
Always having a passion for fitness, physical activity, sports, or whatever you wish to call it has kept Jon in the field of Health & Fitness. Over the course of his life fitness has always manifested itself in different ways but remained a constant. As a kid, he spent the majority of his time playing sports; first baseball then hockey. He took his first job at an ice rink so he could spend as much time as possible out on the ice. To him, hockey was a major part of his LIFE and not simply a sport. He's made numerous sacrifices to be the best hockey player he could be even though he knew the margin was slim for him to play at an elite level. (Especially since California isn’t exactly the country's hot bed for hockey!) In college, he started working at a fitness center and not long thereafter, he got his start as a fitness professional working with clients from all different fitness levels and backgrounds. The enjoyment of training & learning about the human body has endured even to this day, which has kept the passion for fitness instruction alive & well!
Inspire as many individuals as possible to reach their peak performance levels.
"My goal was to become more physically fit & exceed the standards of the CHP Physical Ability Test. In less than 3 months of training with Jon, I have achieved my desired level of fitness and can now pass each test with complete confidence!" (Joe, San Francisco, CA)
- B.S. Kinesiology (California State University-East Bay)
- Athletic Training Specialist
- Internship: Youth Sports Performance Center
- Professional: 8+ Years of Commercial Fitness & Private Coaching Experience.
- Athletics: Hockey, Baseball, & Obstacle Racing Experience. Experienced athlete in various other sports.
- Excels at building confidence with enthusiasm, support, and performance.
- Pays attention to detail and adjusts training to each individual.
- Creates a comfortable, fun, and challenging training environment.
- Establishes a high level of trust, loyalty, and interest in each client.
- Motivates with support, encouragement, and integrity.
- Continually seeks self-improvement.