It can, and will be, if you remain DEDICATED. Too often, promises are broken. Whether they're made to yourself or others, the story plays out the same way:
- Week 1 = Make promise. Everyone's happy.
- Week 2 = On a motivational high. Keeping with promise. Feeling great!
- Week 3 = Uh-oh, speed bump. Didn't realize how much work this would be. Getting kind of tired.
- Week 4 = It's confirmed, I'm tired! Feeling guilty about breaking promise, so it's kept....for now. Hello frustration.
- Week 5 = "Motivation", where are you? "Why do I do this every year? Okay, that's it, next year my resolution is to not make any promises EVER!"
- Week 6 = Look-out, obstacle. Just got into an argument. Sweet! This may be my way out!
- Week 7 = Reconciled....damn! Back to trying again.
- Week 8 = Road Block: An unpredicted event occurred. Didn't plan ahead. Major deterrence from keeping promise. Besides, I'm tired & frustrated.
- Week 9 = What promise?
However, there still remain the few who are DEDICATED. This minority accomplishes what most fail to ever realize in their entire life. They do so because they're DEDICATED. The commitment they make to themselves and others is a promise. It's a contract with their personal character. They understand that challenges will exist along the way, so they plan ahead and prepare accordingly. They remain focused and consistent, never letting any excuse or unforeseen obstacle take them completely off course. They meant it when they said, "No matter what." Did you?